Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Baby Quilt #1: Mid-Century Modern





The color scheme started with the Critter Patch Organic cotton quilting fabric in Orange Bunny Toss and grew from there. 


My inspiration photo didn't have any real directions (in fact it was a link to an item on an Etsy page that didn't exist anymore) but I figured it out as I went.

If you are feeling inspired, this is how the quilt works out:

  • 42 squares made up of 3 pieces. 
    • Each square is made up of 2- 2x5 pieces of fabric of your choice and 1-2x5 piece of white. 
  • Each square is bordered in strips of 2 inch white (I used muslin but cotton would work). 
I built each row one at a time joining the squares with a piece of 2x5 white and then attached each completed row with one long piece of 2 inch wide fabric. 




For a backing I used a Moda pattern called Fairy Tale Friends. 

This would be a great scrap busting pattern. I could easily see this in a monotone all blue or pink, or even a fun rainbow. If you can sew a straight line you can make this quilt. 

Cheers! 

2 comments: